Posted: Thu, 02/21/2019 - 15:59
We were excited to explore the state of robotics education in the K-12 classroom. What is available for robotics hardware? Programming language support? Professional development for teachers? Curricula and grade-level appropriate materials? On Tuesday, February 19 at 7:30 pm ET, our webinar host Neil Plotnick talked with the following guests to learn more on where we are with robotics in the CS classroom:
- Elizabeth Kiken of Dexter Industries [They feature robots based on the Raspberry Pi and micro:bit controller]
- Bambi Brewer of Birdbrain Technologies [Their robots include the Finch and Hummingbird kit].
Click here to access the recording. See slides below.
In addition, we would like to share this list of useful resources from our presenters:
Dexter Industries Curriculum:
Really Cool Things:
- GiggleBot: Jousting robots
- GoPiGo: an animated Camel for a school play
- Click here to watch a video of a group of elementary students using the GiggleBot as a pacer for a student who has prosthetic legs, trying to pace him to increase his speed.
- Stories from Code
- Coding Nonfiction Text Structures
- Character Traits
- Robot Zoo
- Integer Operations on a Number Line
- Integer Operations
- GiggleBot Explorers
- GoPiGo Mars Rovers
- Westward Expansion Game
Free Teacher Trial:
Click here to subscribe to the teacher trial. It is the best way for teachers to try the robot out in their classroom.
Find out which programming languages and learning materials are available for the Hummingbird and Finch for every combination of device and operating system. Click here.
Click here to see applications of the Hummingbird across the curriculum.
Find out about upcoming workshops here.
Finch Loan Program:
Borrow a flock of Finches for free! Click here.
For a 30-day loan to evaluate the Hummingbird or Finch, please contact us here!