Posted: Mon, 05/20/2019 - 16:20
The National Science Foundation (NSF) has reinvigorated their CS Bits and Bytes newsletter, with an exciting line-up of issues for the year. Each issue highlights innovative computer science research.
- Vol.5, Issue 13: This is a special issue thanking and appreciating computer science teachers across the nation. Learn more about students and teachers in AP Computer Science Principles.
- Vol.5, Issue 12: This issue is about the first ever image of a black hole captured by scientists using the Event Horizon Telescope! The black hole is located in the center of galaxy Messier 87.
- Vol.5, Issue 11: This issue will give you a new perspective on your next road trip, flight, or even if you just want to dream about an adventure!
- Vol.5, Issue 10: This issue is about the triboelectric effect, a form of static electricity. Scientists are using nanotechnology to understand how to harness this phenomenon as a new source of energy to power electronics.
- Vol.5, Issue 9: This issue is about how research is helping to cast light in order to tackle phishing attacks.
- Vol.5, Issue 8: *Special Issue* of CS Bits & Bytes that celebrates black women in technology.
- Vol.5, Issue 7: This issue is about DIY engineering such as using "paper mechatronics" to build, program, and control any machine your imagination can dream up!