Posted: Tue, 08/07/2018 - 10:55
We are excited to announce an awesome opportunity for ECS teachers. TALECS would like to help second year+ ECS teachers continue in their professional learning by reflecting on student learning, classroom environment, assessment practices, and creation of assessment tools.
TALECS professional development is all online—with intensive activity in October, January, and March, and community of practice activities in between. You can expect to devote about three hours per week to TALECS during those three months.
This opportunity is designed to help teachers focus on students’ learning experiences while keeping an eye toward equity and inquiry in the classroom.
Benefits of being part of this opportunity:
- Continued professional development (webinars, discussions, etc.)
- Community of practice with other ECS teachers
- Resource repository
- Assessments developed by SRI
Last year’s results:
- 82% of participants stated that they had a better understanding of how to use student dialogue and behaviors to better understand student learning than before.
- 92% of participants stated that they had a better understanding of how to develop assessment goals and assessment items than before.
- 87% of participants also stated that they had a better understanding of how to develop assessment rubrics than before.
Teachers told us:
- “I did learn that teachers share their journals with their students. I think this is a good idea.”
- “The (webinar) call refreshed our purpose around equity and inquiry. In the day-to-day grind, you are focused on the living the fidelity of the curriculum. It reminded me to always be conscious and cognizant of those two: equity and inquiry.”
- “I teach in a small school and I am a department of one. It is nice to hear other people talk about their class. It is nice to know that I am not alone!”
The recruitment period for the 2018-2019 school year has now ended.