SRI Education is partnering with the American Institutes for Research (AIR), their Computer Science for All Community of Practice, and Exploring Computer Science (ECS) teachers to provide online Professional Development (PD). The PD will help teachers build their assessment practices to deeply understand students’ understanding in ECS. Teachers will develop, share and learn strategies for their assessment toolkit with other teachers using the ECS curriculum.
We are looking for teachers with at least one year’s experience teaching ECS to participate in the Online Professional Development.
The PD will focus on three types of assessments:
- observations as teachers walk around the class
- written assessments such as quizzes and tests
What will the online PD look like?
- Organized around three 3-week “bursts” of activities— fall, winter and spring.
- Teachers participate 2 hours each week during the bursts.
- Activities will include
- a live online meeting,
- threaded discussions,
- sharing of tools such as templates for journaling and quiz items, and
- work groups to create assessment tools and discuss ways to use them.
- Learning is applicable in the ECS classroom
- Support of the participants and leaders through online discussions between bursts.
Want to know more? Check out our flyer!
Email us if you are interested in participating in the online PD!!
Eric Snow, Jennifer Knudsen, Ruchi Bhanot